Who I Am
I am an expert in organisational development, experience-based learning, leadership facilitation, developmental coaching, and performance consulting.
My expertise has grown from a background of leading and managing actual workforce teams, backed up with formal qualifications. When I was 20, I was managing a million-dollar retail business outlet with seven staff. Through this and subsequent management roles, I grew my experience in the craft of leadership with particular focus on developing team members as individuals, acknowledging their own skills, strengths and aspirations. Seeing the success of this approach directed me into the career I’ve had for the last 20 years, in which I’ve worked across a diverse range of businesses in a variety of senior leadership and practitioner roles.
Bringing people together to achieve outcomes fascinates me. I teach that learning to adapt is what enables people to thrive in a variety of contexts. I do this by being pragmatic and ‘putting the work in the middle’ as a way to develop leadership that moves the needle.
I believe that:
- The best way to transform and improve a system is to develop leaders.
- To learn leadership you have to DO leadership.
- Complex problems are often solved with powerful yet simple ideas.
I’m inspired by:
- Leaders who are willing to step into uncertainty to embrace their own potential.
- Progress that happens because of subtle shifts in thought and actions.
- The power of asking just the right question at the right time.
I’m passionate about:
- Enlivening people and systems to transform.
- Showing how experience-based learning can develop reflective capability
- Delivering a better way to develop leadership in organisations.
My formal qualifications include:
- Master of Education & Training (Victoria University)
- Advanced Executive Certificate in General Management
(Queens University, Ontario)
- Diploma in Management
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment
My accreditation's include:
- Executive Coaching
- Structural Dynamics
- Integral Coaching
- Action Learning
- Art of Hosting
- Human Capital Strategy
- Human Synergistic's
- The Leadership Circle
- DiSC & DiSC 363
My professional associations include:
- Associate with Melbourne Business School
- Professional Certified Coach – International Coaching Federation
- Associate Fellow of the Australian Institute of Management.
- Member of Association for Talent Development
- Professional Member – Career Development Association Australia